Friday, April 25, 2014

In the Beginning

Dear family and friends,

Recently, a challenging and exciting opportunity was presented to me and I’d like to share it with you.  I am excited to let you know that I have been accepted to the summer internship with Praying Pelican Missions.  I will be serving a 3-4 week long internship from about July 16th to August 10th as an Intern Missions Trip Leader.  I am assigned to the Miami location. I will be an integral member of our 3-6 person leadership teams as we host groups each week.

We will be staying with the participating teams from across the country and be providing the team with a 5-8 day mission trip in one of our host countries.  Responsibilities could include lining up ministry opportunities and ministry sites (construction projects, children’s ministry, sports ministry, service projects, and more), meals, recreation, and transportation.  It could also include preparing breakfast and snacks, leading worship and debriefing, participating in meetings, and generally guiding each church’s trip. 

I would like to invite you to partner with me in this missions experience financially and through prayer.  The total cost of my trip is about $1200.  I need to raise these funds by June 16th.  I also am seeking prayer partners to pray for PPM staff, the groups I will be leading, the ministries, safety, and the people of Miami throughout my internship.  Would you please consider partnering with me in this opportunity?  If you do desire to partner with me financially please send checks to myself which are made payable to Praying Pelican Missions.  These are tax-deductible donations as longs as my name is not written anywhere on the check.

Love,
Emily

If you would like a letter from me explaining my trip and ways to support me, please let me know!
Please send support to my home address.  Send me a message (through the 'Contact Form' on the sidebar) to receive that address since this blog is public ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment